Product Overview: Tubular Upper Control Arms for 1967-69 Camaro, Firebird, Nova, and Ventura
Product Overview: Tubular Upper Control Arms for 1967-69 Camaro, Firebird/ 1968-74 Nova, and Ventura #CTA-79A
Tubular Upper Control Arms for 1967-69 Camaro, Firebird/ 1968-74 Nova, and Ventura Link #CTA-79A
Global West Suspension manufactures quality tubular front upper control arms. The upper arms are also outfitted with Global West billet steel upper control arm shafts, polyurethane bump stops, and upper ball joints.
The Global West Advantage:
Since Global West introduced the arms in the early 1990s, other manufactures have tried to replicate its design. However, major differences in quality separate the original from the imitations.
For instance, our the control arm has a different geometric shape and possesses a unique camber curve associated with caster. This combination reduces the factory bump steer and provides dramatic handling improvements. New alignment specifications are included for street applications but also drag racing and auto-cross.
The control arms are also outfitted with the best bushing on the market, Global West Del-a-lum bushings. The company designed this bushing in the early 1980s for street and road race applications. Since then, the NHRA has approved them for stock classes, and they are also used in circle track. Only Del-a-lum bushings from Global West Suspension have a limited life time warranty.
Benefits and Features:
This kit will fit vehicles using:
- No frame modifications required, replaces stock upper control arms.
- Control arms have positive caster built into them so no need to require offset shafts.
- Upper arms reduce factory bump steer by cutting it in half. (Beneficial for both drag, street, and road racing applications).
- Standard ball joints are used so they can be serviced anywhere.
- Control arms are shipped fully assembled with billet shafts, Del-A-Lum bushings, ball joints, and bump stops.
- Tubular arms are powder coated black.
- Provisions for adjustable bump stops (Drag racing).
- New alignment specifications are included in every kit.
- Control arms can be used with lowered frame mounting holes.
- Upper arms will work with coilover kits.
Stock or 2 inch dropped spindles, Standard or performance springs, Tall ball joints Any brake kit using stock spindles, ATS aluminum spindles, Not recommended with Heidts tall spindles,Note:
Lowering the upper control arm pivot points on the frame for road racing will not interfere with the operation of these control arms.
Note--Stock spindles measures 7 inches across the ball joint area