Global West Suspension manufactures offset rack and pinion bushings for the 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004 Mustang.The Global West Advantage: Product Information
Rack and pinion bushings are used for attaching the steering rack to the crossmember. The factory rack bushings are made out of rubber, which allows the steering to be a little more forgiving. Unfortunately, larger tires and aggressive driving styles leave the driver wanting more steering input. Installing solid rack and pinion bushings improve driver feel and steering response.
We offer two types of rigid replacement rack bushings. Standard replacement no offset and offset. Offset bushings are used if the car is lowered more than one inch. The bushings move the steering rack upward reducing conflicting suspension angles between the control arm and steering components.
- Offset steering rack bushings reduce bump steer greatly on lowered Mustangs over 1 inch.
- Unique bushing design locks the steering rack in place keeping it from shifting.
- Performance rack bushings provide faster steering response.
- Helps provide steel wheel center location.
- Rack bushings are SOLID (not polyurethane)