Specifically built for 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004 Mustang convertibles, Global West subframes are the answer for reducing flex in the chassis.
The subframes weld to the strongest areas of the chassis, (bulkhead).
They are full length--meaning the subframe extends from the forward bulkhead located at the firewall down by your feet to the rear bulkhead where the rear lower control arms attach. They tuck up tight along the floor, zero ground clearance is lost and the floor does not have to be cut for installation. The subframe will also allow the side skirts to remain intact.
This style of subframe connector is required if you are going to do any racing at all. For street applications this subframe will provide integrity to the overall chassis.Features:
- Tube diameter 1 5/8” with 0.125 wall DOM roll cage tubing
- Additional seat support brackets and gussets are supplied
- Subframes finish is powder coated black
- No exhaust modifications are required
- Zero ground clearance lost (exhaust is lower)
- No frame modifications are required
- Jacking rails provide an easy area for lifting the car