1" Front Coil Spring Spacer = approximate 2" Lift (Urethane)
Global West Suspension sells coil spring spacers for the 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, and 1973 Mustang that raises the front end approximately 2 inches.
Spacers are used:
- If you have trimmed the coil spring too far in setting your ride height
- To level the car if it tilts to one side
- For weight jacking if the car is being raced
The spring spacer sits on top of the coil spring between the spring and the shock tower. The spacer is designed to hold the spring in place from slipping laterally in the shock tower. The shock tower has an internal index for the spring and the Global West spring spacer retains that in the spacer.We also have an outside lip on the spacer for additional support holding the spring in place.Note: When placing spring spacers on 64-73 Mustangs, the ratio is two to one. This means for every one inch at the spring there are two inches at the fender above the wheel.
We offer three different sizes of polyurethane spacers for the application:
- 1/2 inch spacer = approximate 1 inch ride height change
- 3/4 spacer = approximate 1-1/2 inch ride height change
- 1 inch spacer = approximate 2 inch raise