Global West Suspension sells tubular subframe connectors for the 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, and 1981 Firebird
No cutting or modification of floor pans are required. The subframe connectors are full length. This means the subframe connector is going to the back of the factory subframe and extend to the rear structural support rail going over the differential.
- Subframes are powder coated black
- Subframes are made from 1 5/8 x 0.125 wall DOM tubing
- Additional hardware and plates are supplied.
- No exhaust modifications are required.
- Minimal ground clearance lost (in most cases the exhaust is lower)
- Two bushings are included with subframe connectors. Use part #809, #819 or #816 for remaining bushings.
The subframe connector is welded to the uni-body portion of the chassis, not bolted and do not attach to the leaf spring front bracket bolts. Those bolts are 3/8 of an inch in diameter and are held in place with small nut clips and will not hold up.
The subframe connector sandwiches between the factory frame and the body. It can be bolted or welded. Welding is always the best, but in this case it is not as practical. If the car is in a collision, the frame needs to be replaced by unbolting the subframe: bolting to the original frame works because the material of the factory frame is 3/16” thick, all the sides are being bolted. Interloc body mount bushings should be used if subframes are installed