Global West Suspension manufactures drag race lower control arms (coilover) for the Firebird--model years 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, and 1981. The arms are powder coated black and are shipped fully assembled with ball joints.Global West Product Information:
- Coilover lowers will not support using a standard coil spring. QA-1 and Afco shocks are most commonly used.
- There are no modifications to the frame.
- The spring is conical and installs in the frame just like the factory unit.
- The shock sets on top of the control arm rather than bolting from the bottom.
- The arm is double reinforced for supporting the load around the shock area.
- All the TLC control arms are pre-assembled with special bushings that allow the arm to fall as the front end rises.
No sway bar attachment is provided on drag race control arms.