- 1973-77 Chevelle, El Camino, Malibu, and Monte Carlo, GTO, Lemans, F-85, Cutlass, 442
- 1973-77 Century
- 1977-79 Phoenix
- 1975-77 Ventura
- 1975-79 Omega
- 1976-79 Seville
The arms are pre-assembled and are supplied with: ball joints, bump stops, and top-of-the-line Del-a-lum bushings.They are designed to handle the increased load being placed through the shock attachment points versus the conventional stock spring location.
We took a good look at the stock lower arm and the installation of a coilover kit in place of the standard spring, which installs on the top of the control arm, not from underneath. We felt we needed a control arm specifically designed to handle the load of a coilover application. The design of the lower arm would also clean up the appearance showing off the coilover kit.The arm offers 4 major strength areas to consider:
1. Doubling plates are used in the loaded areas where the shock bolts to the arm.
2. Cross tubes support the loaded shock mounting area and outside main tubes.
3. The sway bar mounting plate adds support to the ball joint area.
4. Straps are used around the bushing housings strengthening the housing to the tube.
CTA-37H will not except standard coil springs.
New Lower arm Hardware order Part # 4004
Part # CTA-37HP - Lower control arms are supplied with ball joints, bump stops, and Polyurethane bushings. The arms are pre-assembled.