Global West Suspension offers several different coilover kits for the front of you 1955, 1956, or 1957 Tri-five applications. Coilover kits provide adjustable ride height, adjustable shock dampening, and a variety of spring rate. The biggest advantage is adjustable ride height. If you are looking for a specific stance they coilover is the way to go.. The spring rate available for this application is 350, 450, 500, and 550 rate. The shocks for this particular kit, we are using is Viking. The springs are Global West and included in our kits are spanner wrenches for adjusting the ride height and thrust bearings that install under the spring on the shock. The thrust bearing allows you to adjust ride height easily and not fight the spring dragging on the adjuster.
**Global West Suspensions does not recommend using any OEM lower control arm, not designed for coilover applications. We highly recommend using our control arms for coilover applications. Our lower control arms are designed and reinforced specifically to handle the load of a coilover.**
The Viking shock absorbers have a digressive force curve for both compression and rebound. This means that forces increase quickly at low shaft speeds and level off at higher shaft speeds.
The valving provides excellent low speed control with sufficient high speed forces. Each adjustment knob (compression and rebound) provides for 19 positions of adjustment - the zero position and 18 distinctive clicks - providing for a total of 361 valving combinations.
- Lightweight aluminum with sleek clear anodize finish
- Every shock is dyne tested and serialized
- In bearing mount shocks, Viking uses steel bearings, not the inexpensive nylon race bearings like some competitors.
- 5/8' center less ground, hard chrome plated piston rods
- precision machined pistons with PTFE/bronze piston wrap
- Two year material and workmanship warranty. Double the warranty of nearly every other manufacturer!