Global West’s C-10 Classic Truck front suspension (model years 1963-1972) is simple to install and provides handling, tune ability, and lowers the ride height while still providing suspension travel.
The new system directly replaces the stock cross member, upper and lower control arms, sway bar, and fixes any previous bump steer issues.
Front End Tech Tips:
* The stock spindles are retained and Global West provides aluminum steering knuckle arms in the kit that zero bump the steering geometry. Note: If dropped spindles are used, bump steer will have to be reset.
* To reduce costs, the steering box (power or manual) and linkage are retained. Installation is a bolt on. That means no welding is necessary, and hand tools will get the job done. Those who have already notched the rear frame rails and lowered the rear can benefit from this new front system.
Global West Suspension also designed billet hubs and brackets for in installing 13 inch Wilwood rotors and a 6 piston Wilwood caliper. The kit bolts directly to the stock spindle. The brake kit is sold separately and can be used with your stock suspension system.
Rear End Tech Tips:
* The rear suspension requires welding and modifying the frame rails in order to get the rear low enough to accommodate the front.
* Global West Suspension designed rear frame inserts that reinforce the frame after it has been cut away for axle movement.
* The frame inserts include a bump stop (which stops the rear end from hitting the bed of the truck over major bumps).
* Two rear cross members are also included for installing the coilover shock system plus the new Watts link. The watts link is the ultimate way for controlling lateral movement of the differential. In this case, Global West went one step further and made the watts link adjustable so the rear roll center can be changed.
* Rear swing arms are also part of the rear coilover system. These units have multiple shock mounting locations built out of aluminum. The different position allow you to change ride height up or down without losing all your shock travel.
-More information is provided with each C-10 link.